Andreas (South)/Andre (West)/George (North)/Klaus (East)

Grand Conquest-Partie für 4 Spieler
Klaus

Re: Andreas (South)/Andre (West)/George (North)/Klaus (East)

Post by Klaus »

Hi Everyone,
George wrote:I will improve - I promise!
Thanks again,
George
very good! ;)

Klaus' (East) turn 14:

S319 - 351 1P
S351 π T 10P
T319 - 316 2P
N418 - 350 4P

Total 17P

Andreas ( monchhichi) it's your turn now...

Kind regards

Klaus
Attachments
Grand Conquest 4P Andreas-Andre-George-Klaus  after Klaus East turn 14.jpg
Grand Conquest 4P Andreas-Andre-George-Klaus after Klaus East turn 14.jpg (1.34 MiB) Viewed 9484 times
Special Grand Conquest characters you could deeply need on www.conquest-forum.de :

π building
Δ catapult shot
Ω takeover of an enemy camel or ship
x capture/sinking of a ship
monchhichi

Post by monchhichi »

Hello Gentlemen,

I looked for to defend the victory of Klaus. But there is no chance for a defending in this actual situation.

I congratulate Klaus for his perfect victory. The game made a lot of fun. Thanks George, Andre and Klaus for the intersting game.

King regards

Andreas
Andreloha

Post by Andreloha »

Congratulations Klaus!
Thanks all for the game.

Kind Regards
Andre
Klaus

Post by Klaus »

Hello Gentlemen,

I also want to confirm that our game was very interesting. Thank all for that!
After my last turn I didn't expect that the victory could be threatened. Therefore I wasn't surprised about Andreas' statement:
monchhichi wrote:I looked for to defend the victory of Klaus. But there is no chance for a defending in this actual situation.
But then I considered the actual positions of the pieces on the board, once, twice and found this solution:

South turn 15:
Bess974 - 973 1P
Ess973 - 263 1P
S263 - 19 2P
Es263 - B973 1P
Bes973 - 983 3P
Es983 - 363 1P
S363 - 18 2P
E363 x N314 3P (North: no recapture)
E314 x Ts351 3P (East: recapture, N350 x E351)
Total: 17P (result: my first siege engine could have been captured.)

West turn 15:
S254 - E253 1P
Es253 x S19 4P
Es19 x S18 6P
Es18 x N351 6P
Es351 x T316 3P
Total: 20P (result: my second siege engine could have been captured,too.)

Unbelievable, but true. There was a way to prevent my victory.
I don't want to blame here. I only want to capture your imagination and show the big potential of the game. So many unbelievable combinations of moves are possible! That's the reason why I love this game!

I would like to begin a new 4p match according to the partnership rules. How should we proceed? I suggested that George could decide....

Kind regards and thanks again

Klaus
Special Grand Conquest characters you could deeply need on www.conquest-forum.de :

π building
Δ catapult shot
Andreloha

Post by Andreloha »

Dear Klaus,

Thank you for your suggestion.
Yes we could have ganged up against you to prevent you to win, actually earlier would have been easier, but you could be betrayed at any point, still this 4 players freestyle supposes some part time alliance of some sort or some beat each others badly and the others benefit. It is another kind of game, less my preference.

I am up for a partnership game. Then alliances are known.

Love
Andre
George

Post by George »

Hi Everyone,
Thanks for a great game. It was fun to play the four player version and I look forward to a partnership game. Like the last game - it will be my first 4 player partnership experience. It may be a good idea for me to set up the real game board and review some of the past games to see how it works and better understand the overall strategy. Any suggestions or advice is appreciated.

I am open to have anyone as my partner - whoever will take me.

However - please know that I will have limited access to the game starting December 19th through February 5th. Some of the time we will be in Disney World (so looking forward to seeing my daughter Jessica and her husband John there). Then to some locations seeing other family and friends. After that we will be at Flamingo Campground in Everglades National Park and there is no internet access at this location. So I am not sure if it makes sense to start the game now or wait until after Feb 5th.

Thanks so much for your patience, especially with mistakes on board positioning. That should not happen and I will work on that. I am so glad to have found this group who likes Conquest and is keeping it alive. Please let me know how you would like to proceed.
Take care and all the best,
George
Klaus

Post by Klaus »

Hi George,

then we will set up a team provided that Andreas will take part hopefully. :-)
We could start in February, but let's wait for Andre's and Andreas' comments....

Kind regards

Klaus

PS: You made nice plans for the holidays, George! I post a photo of my last trip to Masuria, Poland. It's the surrounding area of Ortelsburg.

π building
Δ catapult shot
Andreloha

Post by Andreloha »

Dear Everyone,

February is good with me.
We need to write down every special rule so that we can remember them.
Also we need to define what partners are allowed to tell each other.

1) Could be nothing
2) Could be 1 advice per turn, but no detailed moves, just general advices/suggestions. If we do the latter, we must copy all 4 players in the email/correspondance.
3) Full support, no restriction. This may make one player play for 2.

What do you think?

Kind regards
Andre
Klaus

Post by Klaus »

Dear Everyone,

in comparison to the situation when you are sitting around a table our situation is special in this sense that we could communicate under cover, too, by email. And you can't control that officially. In my opinion it isn't fair (towards the opponents) and we should avoid this sort of under cover communication with the partner about possible moves.
If we allow giving advices to the partner on the forum then the communication would be open. But you would probably notice this effect Donald Benge described in the rule book that the stronger player of the team "will be moving for both sides (for the partner, too)." Therefore and in contrast to the 4P solo match communication isn't allowed in the partnership play according to the rule book. So you have to be careful, Andre.

"Full support", your third suggestion, is not good idea.
Andreloha wrote:no detailed moves, just general advices/suggestions
, your second suggestion, is more suitable in case you want to vary the official rules a little bit. Maybe we should allow "open warnings about adversarial threats" in general on the forum instead of advices concerning possible moves no matter whether specific or vague.
Andreloha wrote:We need to write down every special rule so that we can remember them.
So far we were playing according to these two additional rules:
- constrained rebuilding of pieces (see this topic viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44 and this viewtopic.php?f=39&t=43.
- decreased reduction of action points due to occupied Quest spaces: 2-4-8-12-20

Kind regards

Klaus

π building
Δ catapult shot
monchhichi

Post by monchhichi »

Dear Everyone,

I enjoy to take part for a partnership game. :)

I think we should have a open communication with our partner about the Strategie. It is very diffucult to different what is allowed and what is prohibeted. I think all of us know that it doen`t make fun if someone play for me. So I think we don`t have any limitations of the comminication. Furthermore you doesn`t control it and it is very difficult to decide if this suggestion or consulation is allowed or not.

This is my opinion. But perhaps it isn`t the best one :)

Ferbruary is a good time for starting the new game.

King regards

Andreas