Andreas (South)/Andre (West)/George (North)/Klaus (East)

Grand Conquest-Partie für 4 Spieler
Klaus

Re: Andreas (South)/Andre (West)/George (North)/Klaus (East)

Post by Klaus »

Hello Gentlemen,
monchhichi wrote:"How continue after an irregular move". I think the best one is to repeat the complete own turn.
the complete own turn would mean: redo from the beginning of the turn and not from the mistake on what I've suggested. If it's a turn without a break (recapture) we could agree on such a rule nevertheless. If there are recaptures within a turn then only the part of the turn where an irregular move was made could be redone in full or alternatively from the mistake on.
Both procedures are possible. But I would support Andreas' suggestion, too. "redo the complete turn" or (in case of recaptures) "redo the complete part of a turn".

Kind regards

Klaus
Special Grand Conquest characters you could deeply need on www.conquest-forum.de :

π building
Δ catapult shot
Ω takeover of an enemy camel or ship
x capture/sinking of a ship
George

Post by George »

Hi Everyone,
First a comment on the “irregular move” issue. In my view the turn should resume from where the mistake was made. The person making a mistake should pay a little of a penalty for making a mistake. In some cases, like my last turn, it took some move spaces to undo what was set before the irregular move occurred. If I make a silly mistake (miscount distance to an opponents piece) and the move is correct (not irregular) - the opponent takes advantage. Same with an irregular move, if it costs upsetting the original plan and takes some move counts to re-adjust - that is the cost. To re-do the complete move seems to generous.

Now to my turn - hopefully all is correct :)
Thanks,
George
George

Post by George »

Hi All, Here is my move:

George (N) turn 10

Gk626 - 622. 3
Bess726 - 623. 3
B723 - 724. 1
S327 - 329. 1
Cs329 - 724. 2
Bcs724 - 625. 4
CsY16 - Y23. 4
320R. 2
Total 20

Regarding attack or defend - as this is my first 4 player match - I wanted to watch a little and see how experienced players moved the game forward. Let’s see what happens in the next two rounds, I expect things will change quite a bit.
Thanks,
George
monchhichi

Post by monchhichi »

George wrote:Hi Everyone,
First a comment on the “irregular move” issue. In my view the turn should resume from where the mistake was made. The person making a mistake should pay a little of a penalty for making a mistake. In some cases, like my last turn, it took some move spaces to undo what was set before the irregular move occurred. If I make a silly mistake (miscount distance to an opponents piece) and the move is correct (not irregular) - the opponent takes advantage. Same with an irregular move, if it costs upsetting the original plan and takes some move counts to re-adjust - that is the cost. To re-do the complete move seems to generous.

Now to my turn - hopefully all is correct :)
Thanks,
George

Hell George, Hello Everyone,

this is also OK for me.

Best regards

Andreas
Klaus

Post by Klaus »

Hi everyone,
George wrote: ...First a comment on the “irregular move” issue. In my view the turn should resume from where the mistake was made. The person making a mistake should pay a little of a penalty for making a mistake....
Andreas wrote: ....
this is also OK for me.
George's argumentation is logical. So let's proceed this way given Andre's connivance: In case of an irregular move the turn (or after a recapture: the part of a turn) has to be resumed from where the mistake was made.

George, your last turn wasn't correct. You've gotten emails from Andreas and me concerning these mistakes. You have to redo the whole turn 10.

I post the actual map of our match after Andre's (W) turn 10 so everybody is able to compare it with the position of the pieces on the own board. Let's continue and enjoy again! ;)

Kind regards

Klaus
Attachments
Grand Conquest 4P Andreas-Andre-George-Klaus position after west turn 10.jpg
Grand Conquest 4P Andreas-Andre-George-Klaus position after west turn 10.jpg (1.33 MiB) Viewed 8131 times
Special Grand Conquest characters you could deeply need on www.conquest-forum.de :

π building
Δ catapult shot
George

Post by George »

Hi Everyone,
Thanks so much for allowing me some time to handle things with my family. We are so thankful at the outcome and that my brother is doing well. Due to the time away, it is also taking some extra effort to attend to what is needed for us to start moving South for the winter, but that is “fun work” even if it is a little stressful.

Let’s get started again! Thanks Klaus for sending the current position map - most helpful.

George (N) move 10

B723 - 724. 1
S329 - 328. 1
Cs328 - 724. 3
Bcs724 - 725. 1
DsY16 - Y19. 3
S327 - 326. 1
S326 π C. 10

Hopefully no mistakes ;)
Thanks again and glad to be back,
George
Klaus

Post by Klaus »

Hi Everyone,
George, I'm pleased to hear that things are evolving in a satisfactory manner. Indeed one can't take it for granted. :)

Klaus (East) turn 10:
S449 - C447 1P
Cs447 - 319 5P
S319 x S317 1P
George, do you recapture? And which piece do you move?

in case of a recapture:
C319 x piece317 1P
recapture? by which piece?

8P so far

Kind regards

Klaus

π building
Δ catapult shot
George

Post by George »

Hi Klaus,
I did not see a notification of game activity, will check my settings.
So you are on the move - here is my response:

E316xS317

Followed by

S318xC317

Be careful, the soldier on 317 has special powers, he has watched “Iron Man” movies many times 8-)
Glad we are back underway with the game,
George
Klaus

Post by Klaus »

Hi George, hi Andre and Andreas,
George wrote:Be careful, the soldier on 317 has special powers, he has watched “Iron Man” movies many times
Yes, it could be... but if the Iron Man is isolated on the board his metal won't help. ;)

I repeat the first part of East turn 10:

S449 - C447 1P
Cs447 - 319 5P
S319 x S317 1P (recapture: E316xS317)
C319 x E317 1P (recapture: S318xC317)

And now the continuation, the second part of East turn 10:

S419 - 418 1P
Cs417 - 316 8P
S316 x S317 1P
S317 x N315 2P
Total 20P

Kind regards

Klaus

π building
Δ catapult shot
monchhichi

Post by monchhichi »

Hello Gentlemen,

I will start the round 11.

S912 - E152 -> 1
Es152 - B912 -> 1
Bes912 - 919 -> 3
Es919 - 257 -> 2
S257 x C214 -> 1

If Andre recapture I will continue with the following sequence.

E257 - B919 -> 2
Be919 - 912 -> 3
E912 - 152 -> 1
S121 - 122 -> 1
S114 - 153 -> 1
E111 - 114 -> 2
N110 - 112 -> 2
-------------------
Total 20

Best regards

Andreas