Klaus (South) vs. George (North)

Grand Conquest-Partie für 2 Personen
Klaus

Klaus (South) vs. George (North)

Post by Klaus »

Dear George,

let's start our 2-player match. This time we should try to use the tool by way of illustration instead of the usual notation of our moves.
If there is a problem with the use of the tool let me know!

turn 1 (south) / 10 action points.

Kind regards

Klaus

George, please, click on the image to enlarge!
Attachments
Grand Conquest Klaus - George turn 1.jpg
Grand Conquest Klaus - George turn 1.jpg (990.27 KiB) Viewed 10994 times
Special Grand Conquest characters you could deeply need on www.conquest-forum.de :

π building
Δ catapult shot
Ω takeover of an enemy camel or ship
x capture/sinking of a ship
George

Re: Klaus (South) vs. George (North)

Post by George »

Hi Klaus,
Thanks for your help with the GC tool, it is working fine now. However you learn quickly to make sure you select a new piece before moving. I did move some pieces off the board by accident and then wondered why they drove away by themselves :o
Here is my first move - hope is marked properly, lets have a fun game where you can smile at my novice moves (hopefully some suprises).

George N-1/20

If I am doing something wrong, kindly let me know.
Thanks,
George
Attachments
GC2PA-KlausGeorge-G-1-20.jpg
GC2PA-KlausGeorge-G-1-20.jpg (1.86 MiB) Viewed 10967 times
Klaus

Post by Klaus »

Hi George,

great that it works now. I could imagine that the decisive problem was the need to activate the move tool on the mac by a special command key... The tool is open source, it can be changed...:-)
I'm convinced that it won't be an easy game this time. And everything is ok, so let's have fun :-)
Kind regards
Klaus

Klaus S-2/20
Attachments
Grand Conquest Klaus - George turn 2 south.jpg
Grand Conquest Klaus - George turn 2 south.jpg (989.41 KiB) Viewed 10959 times
Special Grand Conquest characters you could deeply need on www.conquest-forum.de :

π building
Δ catapult shot
George

Post by George »

Hi Klaus,
Hope you are having a fun time ...

Here is my second move. I see that you are quickly having a galleon with catapult in the center of the board. Let's see how things progress.

George N - 2/20
Attachments
GC2P - Klaus GM2.jpg
GC2P - Klaus GM2.jpg (832 KiB) Viewed 10946 times
Klaus

Post by Klaus »

Hi George,

thank you for the good wishes....
George wrote: ..... I see that you are quickly having a galleon with catapult in the center of the board. Let's see how things progress.
... but I don't intend on using my catapult now. Only the galleon got a mission ... If you can't reproduce the move order while looking at the map then please ask, George!

Kind regards
Klaus

Klaus S - 3/16 (waiting for a possible recapture)
Attachments
Grand Conquest Klaus - George turn 3 South.jpg
Grand Conquest Klaus - George turn 3 South.jpg (1.07 MiB) Viewed 10934 times

π building
Δ catapult shot
George

Post by George »

Hi Klaus,
Yes on the recapture please.
George
Klaus

Post by Klaus »

Hi George,

I continue and complete turn 3.

Kind regards
Klaus

Klaus S - 3/20.
Attachments
Grand Conquest Klaus - George S turn 3-20.jpg
Grand Conquest Klaus - George S turn 3-20.jpg (1.07 MiB) Viewed 10920 times

π building
Δ catapult shot
George

Post by George »

Hi Klaus,
I was so sure I know what you were planning to do I did not see what you could do :shock:. Eyes need to be more open in the future. Here is my move. I think attacking your navy is best to try and equalize the sea activity. We will see.

We are currently in the Chicago area visiting family and friends, but heading to Rhinelander Wisconsin tomorrow. We will be there for the summer, so a few months of staying in one place (while we love traveling, it’s nice to not be moving all the time).

I have not tried to set-up the 4 player board in Affinity Photo yet, but as you say it may be a little crowded on my 12.9” iPad Pro. So I will set up the physical board and do my move in the next few days. It’s a little cold here, hope the weather is nice where you are.

Thanks and have a fantastic day!
George
Attachments
GC2-Klaus-GM3s.jpg
GC2-Klaus-GM3s.jpg (792.92 KiB) Viewed 10918 times
George

Post by George »

Hi Klaus,
I forget to add the S (mounted soldiers) to the galleon and camel pieces. Here is the revised board with the S indications properly shown. If you see any other things that need adjustment let me know.
Thanks and all the best,
George
Attachments
GC2-Klaus-GM3.jpg
GC2-Klaus-GM3.jpg (755.55 KiB) Viewed 10918 times
Klaus

Post by Klaus »

Hi George,

before you can add the moves of your turn into your virtual map, you have to add the moves of my last turn into your virtual map, too.

I noticed these differences: I only lost one boat so far. An additional galleon of mine is on space 866, an additional boat on space 711, a boat is on space 721 (not on 702), my soldier on 133 moved to the elephant on 131.
Concerning your pieces two boats disappeared on your map. A boat on space 806 and on 813. In addition you moved your galleon not 8 but 9 spaces in my opinion.

From the beginning: you add the moves of my turn 1 (see my uploaded map 1/ 10 action points) to your virtual map with the starting positions, then you add your moves of turn 1 to your virtual map, then you look at my uploaded map 2, control and add my moves (20 action points) to your virtual map, then you add your moves of turn 2 to your virtual map und upload the image file of this map to the forum ...

Kind regards

Klaus

π building
Δ catapult shot