Request for online fellow players (Conquest, 2-player)

Online-Spielpartner für Conquest gesucht
tomsgamer17111

Re: Request for online fellow players (Conquest, 2-player)

Post by tomsgamer17111 »

The more I think about it, the small 2x marker would make a lot of sense and would not take as many clicks and manipulations. Although it should remain pat of the stack so that the marker moves around when the elephant moves, I can specify an offset so that the marker appears on the side.

Another way of implementing it is by adding a layer to the soldiers so that you can toggle on and off a visualization that says "x2".

I have a project that just came in from Decision Games (called "Bleeding Kansas") that I need to start as soon as possible. I'd also like to see a game or two played with the Conquest module to get feedback on other things that might need to be adjusted. I have a friend or two I can enlist for that.

All the best,
Tom
Klaus

Post by Klaus »

Hi Tom,

maybe you have already noticed it, there's a new module on www.vassalengine.org, the Grand Conquest module. Grand Conquest is the further development of Donald Benge's Conquest. I made this module and published it on www.vassalengine.org some days ago.
I welcome comments so test it on occasion. At a suitable opportunity we could play a Conquest or Grand Conquest match, maybe the PBEM way, too.

Kind regards

Klaus
Special Grand Conquest characters you could deeply need on www.conquest-forum.de :

π building
Δ catapult shot
Ω takeover of an enemy camel or ship
x capture/sinking of a ship
tomsgamer17111

Post by tomsgamer17111 »

Hi Klaus,

I noticed the announcement. Currently I am using an earlier version of Vassal, so I can check it out sometime after I get the latest version. I'm staying on the 3.2.17 version from a development perspective until there is a stable version beyond that (I'm defining that as one where a bug fix isn't posted for at least 3 months). I hope that will be soon.

What was your experience developing the module (was it fun or frustrating)?

All the best,
Tom
Klaus

Post by Klaus »

Hi Tom,

do you know about software crashes while playing a game? I didn't notice software crashes when I created the Grand Conquest module.
The configuration of the module was interesting, but if you create a module for the first time it won't be so easy due to the immense number of different options the software is offering.

All the best
Klaus
Special Grand Conquest characters you could deeply need on www.conquest-forum.de :

π building
Δ catapult shot
Ω takeover of an enemy camel or ship
x capture/sinking of a ship
tomsgamer17111

Post by tomsgamer17111 »

Hi Klaus,

I've never seen Vassal crash on me (Windows user), though I still only create modules using version 3.2.17 as I explained earlier. The Vassal forum provides pretty good support. What did players do just prior to the crash?

I found that the Joel Toppen video tutorials on Youtube were very helpful in my initial learning. After that, a structured but not complete reading of the Designer manual was helpful to better understand the object structures. Like many things, the one drawback of such manuals is it tells you how to do something but not necessarily when you should do it or why.

All the best,
Tom