Catapult shooting in fields

Klärungsbedarf? Regelauslegung.
Klaus

Re: Catapult shooting in fields

Post by Klaus »

Dear Andre,

I handled the map we are using here, the map you called the "official map" on this website. I didn't handle the other one which you can find in the English puzzle book.
Only a few yellow slots were indicated on our "official" board by the publisher. I didn't change those existing slots and added many missing slots regarding the fields. So in my opinion I handled the right map. But tell me if I am wrong.

Klaus
Special Grand Conquest characters you could deeply need on www.conquest-forum.de :

π building
Δ catapult shot
Ω takeover of an enemy camel or ship
x capture/sinking of a ship
Andreloha

Post by Andreloha »

Dear Klaus,

Maybe I am confused. You sent me that map (see link) which I have put as the "official" 2P map. It does have much less fields.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=83

The new game I bought last year in German does match the 2P map you sent with less Fields.

Please clarify which one is the official and we will correct it.

Kind Regards
Andre
Klaus

Post by Klaus »

Andre,

indeed I sent you the "official" map with numbered spaces and fields. It's a black/white map. But you can't recognize things like hills and trees on this map. And so I can't take this black/white map to add yellow slots. I had to take another map, a coloured map. From the publisher I have gotten a map file which was identical with the map of the English puzzle book. I had to erase some paths to achieve our "official" map. And now I added the yellow slots on it. Compare this coloured map with the black/white map! In my opinion the maps are identical regarding spaces, fields and connections. That's decisive. If you find differences then you should tell me.
Indeed I didn't erase some bridges between spaces(!) when I changed the map which I had gotten from the publisher. I erased the paths with the fields only. But those bridges are meaningless on our map.

Conclusion: One should take the black/white map for the notation of a turn. And If you want to find out where catapult shots are possible then have a look at the coloured map. The maps should not differ in regard to spaces, fields and connections.
Klaus
Special Grand Conquest characters you could deeply need on www.conquest-forum.de :

π building
Δ catapult shot
Ω takeover of an enemy camel or ship
x capture/sinking of a ship
Andreloha

Post by Andreloha »

Thank you dear Klaus,

It is clear now.
Great job !

Kind regards
Andre