Catapult shooting in fields

Klärungsbedarf? Regelauslegung.

Catapult shooting in fields

Postby Andreloha » 30 Sep 2017, 19:20

Hi,

I have some questions on where a Catapult can shoot in a field.

1) They say in the rules in an adjacent field not completely obstructed by mountains.
I see no clear mountains on the 2 players map, but I see some green trees. I presume these would block a catapult shot in that field, example like 251 on B22 or 227 on B26 ? Is this correct?

2) For the space with yellow slots, does that mean like 242 can shoot at 240 directly ? It can also shoot in the field at B33 ?

Thank you in advanced for the clarifications.
Kind Regards
Andre
Andreloha
 
Posts: 24
Joined: 06 Aug 2017, 17:47

Re: Catapult shooting in fields

Postby Klaus » 07 Oct 2017, 18:52

Andreloha wrote:....
1) They say in the rules in an adjacent field not completely obstructed by mountains.
I see no clear mountains on the 2 players map, but I see some green trees. I presume these would block a catapult shot in that field, example like 251 on B22 or 227 on B26 ? Is this correct?

If you make a catapult shot conditional on the absence of green trees you always have to use a magnifying glass for verification. And the result won't be unmistakable because the map isn't precise.

Andreloha wrote:2) For the space with yellow slots, does that mean like 242 can shoot at 240 directly ?
Yes.
Andreloha wrote:It can also shoot in the field at B33?
In my opinion no, for the sake of fairness. (please, see this thread https://www.conquest-forum.de/for/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=57 especially the "supplement"!)

Andre, you could revise this issue. Maybe you could find a better clarification.
Special Grand Conquest characters you could deeply need on www.conquest-forum.de :

π building
Δ catapult shot
Ω takeover of an enemy camel or ship
x capture/sinking of a ship
Klaus
 
Posts: 242
Joined: 14 Jul 2012, 10:32

Re: Catapult shooting in fields

Postby Andreloha » 08 Oct 2017, 12:24

Dear Klaus,

Klaus wrote:If you make a catapult shot conditional on the absence of green trees you always have to use a magnifying glass for verification. And the result won't be unmistakable because the map isn't precise.


This would mean then that a catapult can shoot in any field adjacent to a circle space, no limitation of terrain. Its OK with me if clear for all.

Thank you
Andre
Andreloha
 
Posts: 24
Joined: 06 Aug 2017, 17:47

Re: Catapult shooting in fields

Postby Klaus » 10 Oct 2017, 20:50

Andreloha wrote:
This would mean then that a catapult can shoot in any field adjacent to a circle space, no limitation of terrain. Its OK with me if clear for all.


Please, Andre, have a look at the map. To which spaces is field A13 adjacent? Certainly to the spaces 112, 114 and 160. Maybe to spaces 165 and 164, too. And the next player could tell: to space 161, too. Even if you skip the possible limitation of terrain in my opinion the map doesn't illustrate where catapult shots are allowed. Or am I wrong?
Special Grand Conquest characters you could deeply need on www.conquest-forum.de :

π building
Δ catapult shot
Ω takeover of an enemy camel or ship
x capture/sinking of a ship
Klaus
 
Posts: 242
Joined: 14 Jul 2012, 10:32

Re: Catapult shooting in fields

Postby Andreloha » 12 Oct 2017, 23:08

Dear Klaus,

Yes it is not easy but I think feasible. In my view 161 cannot shoot on A13 because too far away as it can shoot on A12.
I can say in the current game I have assumed you can shoot in the adjacent fields, whether trees or not in the view.

What do you suggest as a rule then? How do you play it?

Kind Regards
Andre
Andreloha
 
Posts: 24
Joined: 06 Aug 2017, 17:47

Re: Catapult shooting in fields

Postby Klaus » 19 Oct 2017, 21:21

Andreloha wrote:Yes it is not easy but I think feasible. In my view 161 cannot shoot on A13 because too far away as it can shoot on A12.

I agree with you but the distance between sea spaces at the edge of the board is also large!
Andreloha wrote:What do you suggest as a rule then? How do you play it?

One could build a map where all spaces (and not only a few) are marked with yellow slots which point to fields (and spaces) accessible to catapult shots. And one could take into consideration possible obstacles like trees or little hills in case one could identify something like this with a magnifying glass. The scoring opportunity of the catapult has to be approximately evenly and fair distributed for the northern and southern island. We could build such a map commonly...

Kind regards
Klaus
Special Grand Conquest characters you could deeply need on www.conquest-forum.de :

π building
Δ catapult shot
Ω takeover of an enemy camel or ship
x capture/sinking of a ship
Klaus
 
Posts: 242
Joined: 14 Jul 2012, 10:32

Re: Catapult shooting in fields

Postby Andreloha » 22 Oct 2017, 18:23

Dear Klaus,

I can support your idea to build a map more clear with the yellow slots. If you wish to have a first go at it, I can then review and share with you my comments and suggestions.

Meanwhile, until such a map is available, what do you suggest we do in the current and future game? I suggest we allow shooting in adjacent fields everywhere, but within reason, like 161 cannot shoot on A13, but can shoot on A12. Should disagreement occur, we allow the person to replay his turn once we agree on a special case ruling.

What do you think ?

Kind Regards
Andre
Andreloha
 
Posts: 24
Joined: 06 Aug 2017, 17:47


Return to Need for Clarification? Interpretation of Rules.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron